Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ascension Day

Jesus had risen from the dead and spent 40 days with His followers, proving Himself alive and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God (Acts 1:3). After those days Jesus was taken up to heaven and a cloud received Him, out of their sight(Acts 1:9). And so today, we celebrate Ascension Day! The day when Jesus went up to heaven to sit at the right hand of God the Father.
Ever wonder why Jesus could not have just stayed on the earth and continued to preach, heal and turn the world upside down for the kingdom of God? John 16:7 says, "...It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper(Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you....He will convict the world of sin, vs. 8 ....He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.(vs. 13-14)
So Jesus left so that we could receive the Holy Spirit-the very spirit of God! And be led into all truth and He will tell us things to come.
To think, Jesus wants to share what is His and make it known to us!

Pray this:
Father God, thank You for Jesus and all He has done for me. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit that You have sent to me to convict me of sin, lead me into all truth and show me things to come. May I have ears to hear what He has to say. Thank You!!! In Jesus' name-Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Thanks for brightening my day! It's really calming to read your wonderful writing.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home