Wednesday, May 17, 2006

God is Good

"Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:3,4

Last week I was doing barn chores and happened to look out to the pasture as Kate my mare was rolling in the grass. She'd roll and stop, snatch a bunch of bite fulls of lush green grass and then roll some more. She continued this eat and roll thing for about two minutes. I could read delight all over her. She was filled with peace and thoroughly enjoying herself. It filled me with great satisfaction to know that my dear horse was so content and happy.

As I thought about this, the Lord reminded me of this scripture above. It made me think of how I am like my horse, trusting the one who cares for me, dwelling in the land, feeding on His faithfulness, delighting in Him and on top of it all, He gives me the desires of my heart.

We are so blessed to live in this time of grace and goodness. It's like a taste of heaven on earth. Thank You Father!! May we never take Your provisions and goodness for granted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

That's so inspirational. I've been working on a project all day and I was feeling kind of down. Thanks for cheering me up. :) I love the Bible quotes.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home