Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Glad Heart

"A glad heart makes a cheerful coutenance, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken." Proverbs 15:13

Sometimes my heart doesn't feel very glad. And when I stop to think about it, there is nothing to be down about.

Many years ago, someone suggested to me that when I feel down, I should sit down and write down all the reasons I should be thankful. I call it my 'thankful' list. Once I am done compiling all the things to be thankful for, I have 'a glad heart'.

Today I will share with you the beiginnings of my list.

I'm thankful for:
My God who loves me.
I'm going to heaven! and
So is my whole family!! (not because we are so good but because we know Jesus made the way)
The sunshine and warmth
Everything that has become green
Fly spray for my horses and fly masks too.
My husband who works so hard to provide for us and gets up so early!!
My kids who keep me going and growing
My friends who accept me the way I am
My neighbour who supplies us hay every year
My steady eddy mare who teaches and challenges me.....
The freedom to homeschool
The freedom to talk about God and worship Him the way I want........

So....what does your list look like? How does it make you feel?
If this helps you, let me know. I'd love some feed back.

Have a great day,.... what's left of it!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home