Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Book Of John

The Bible is an awesome book for so many reasons. There are 66 books contained within and some are easier to read than others. I definately have my favourites.

The book of John brings me closest to Jesus. It helps me get a grasp of who He is and reaveals to me what this journey through life with God is supposed to be about.

The book of John reveals who Jesus is and in coming to know Him, we realize that He and God the Father are one along with the Holy Spirit. I'll let the verses speak for themselves, "If you had known Me(Jesus was speaking to His deciples), you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe for the sake of the works themselves.....John 14:7-11

My Dad is a good man and I love him alot. Because of my good relationship with Him, its not hard to see God the Father as a good and loving God and be able to relate to Him.

Jesus on the other hand was harder for me to relate to. I had a relationship with God the Father as a youth, but Jesus? NO.

Reading the book of John made me realize that in watching Jesus, I was seeing God the Father in human form, going about doing good. I finally made the connection.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I love reading your blog. It's always so insightful and inspiring. :)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home