Monday, May 22, 2006

Running On Empty

Lately my posts on this here blog have been scant.
Sometimes its because life is so full, and time used up, other times its because I have no inspiration.

My inspiration comes from spending time with the Lord, reading my Bible, praying, journaling, allowing Him to impress on my heart-His thoughts, ideas....

Mornings when I sleep in, I forfeit that quiet time with Him.
The business of the day quickly kicks in and off we go. Chores...school...housework...
That's not to say I don't get to read my Bible everyday.
We have the custom of reading it after breakfast, lunch and supper. We feed our physical bodies and then we feed our spirits. It gives our minds and spirits something to chew on as the day goes on.

I also converse with the Lord through the day too...thoughts arise and I talk to Him about them.

But there is something special about setting time aside and meeting with the Lord, just Him and me. I speak to Him ... and He speaks to me through His Word the Bible... and He also speaks to my heart in a still small voice. It's not that His voice is small, its just that He likes us to quiet ourselves and listen to Him, blocking out the noise of this world.

When I miss these special times, I start to 'run on empty' on the inside. Sometimes I start to feel down and I realize its because I am missing Him. His 'presence', graces my life. It makes me strong on the inside and also fills me up so that I have something to give to others.

This all makes me think of John 15:4&5 Jesus says to us; "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine and you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for with Me you can do nothing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I sometimes feel like my life gets hectic and I don't realize how important it is to stay connected with God every day. Thank you; I think you might've just turned around my summer.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home