Monday, August 28, 2006

Be of Good Courage

"You must have long-term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-term failures."

Working this past year with my horse Kate has been a challenging one and words like frustration and hopelessness come to mind too.

My body has been letting me know the physical effects of age (pain). And I wouldn't be surprised if Kate has the same problem. She has issues with using her left shoulder and back left hock effectively, making my job harder.

We push through the pain towards the goals we've (I've) set before us. Sometimes I ask myself if its worth it. I could be sitting in the house reading to my kids.....

You may be asking just what my goals have been. Well, this may sound over your head, but we've been learning how to execute lateral movements like a turn on the haunches and on the forehand(individually of course!).

Why? Well my dream as a kid was to have a horse farm and be a coach. I have the farm now and still aspire of being a coach. I love teaching people how to ride and handle horses.

To get certified as a coach, there is training, tests and such.

So the big goal is to get certified, in being certified, I get a good education in the field of work I love. To get to this goal, I break the process down into smaller goals.

This year my goal was to get my rider level 3....I did my test and passed. Next year it'll be level 4.

Many things I've learned this year , and this is one of them.....insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting better results.

But regardless of the desire to coach-and that I believe- God has put in my heart, I remember this;

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Someday we'll live with Him and know Him face to face. Really....that's all that matters.






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cheryl, I love the way you write these little passages - such heart and LOTS of SOUL! Will e-mail you later tonight or tomorrow.

Love,

Colleen

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cheryl, I love the way you write these little passages - such heart and LOTS of SOUL! Will e-mail you later tonight or tomorrow.

Love,

Colleen

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home