Sunday, April 23, 2006

God's Thoughts For Us

When I was really young, around 6 or 7, I nearly met my death.
Being brought up on a dairy farm, I saw my share of deceased cows. The dead stock truck would be called in, and they'd take away the corpses.
One day, the deadstock truck had a grey horse heaped way up towards the front of the truck. I could see it even though the back doors were shut.
Now I was horse crazy, and when I spotted a horse, I had to see it! Morbid as it sounds, I wanted a better look at this grey.

The truck backed up to the barn and stopped. The driver came out and stepped to the back to pull the pins out of the heavy metal back doors to let them slam down. I had to see the grey! I was standing right behind the doors and then they slowly, heavily descended. I was right under them as they came down, and my brothers yelled for me to back up.
Suddenly an unseen force swept me back, out of harms way. Astonished, my brothers looked at me, saying an angel must have swept me back because I was so close to being crushed and the way I got out of harms ways was...unnatural.

I was elated as I thought to myself later that day, "God has a plan and purpose for my life otherwise I'd be dead!"

Today I know God has a plan and purpose for everyone.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home